[BlueOnyx:14945] Re: site-admin screen has broken in Japanese at this week

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Mar 19 08:17:31 -05 2014

Hi Eiji,

> Japanese screens has gone more broken at this week yum update.
>
> This problem has occurred in all of IE, Safari and Chrome,
> This problem has occurred in all of Win7,  Win8, 8.1 and  MAC.
>
> Strangely It looks normal from the admin user list also.
>
> But at the site-admin screen,  we cannot see any correct Japanese
> characters.   Non-menu characters  are all garbled.

I just tested it. Set a siteAdmin to Japanese language on a 5108R. Then
logged in as that siteAdmin. Tested it with these browsers:

Firefox 27.0.1 (Ubuntu)
Chromium (Ubuntu)
Safari (iPad)
Chrome (iPad)

See attached screenshot for how it looks in Chromium (left side) and
Firefox (right side).

I don't see a problem there. Except that the Umlauts in the 2nd users
name have been turned into Kanji.

So I don't know what problems you might have there. From my end it looks
good.