[BlueOnyx:14970] Re: Vacation blocked by cced down

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Mar 21 16:53:00 -05 2014

Hi Eric,

> Also, cced being down is a big problem so a watchdog process seems like
> a good addition.  That is, a separate process that checks that cced is
> running correctly, being sure to detect hangs, and restarts cced and
> alerts the admin if it gets a bad response.

Yeah, we do have a watchdog for that, but it needs improvement. It's on
my list of things to improve near term.

Aside from the vacation message Apache also depends on CCEd for
generating the VirtualHost containers for the SSL enabled sites. Which
is done in real time when Apache starts. And it if restarts while CCEd
is down, Apache will fail to come up, too.