[BlueOnyx:14979] Re: Fwd: Can't change IP address for site

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Mar 22 19:00:49 -05 2014

Hi Will,

> On my 5108R, I set up a site at a "temporary" IP
> (one of the last ones in my range) while the site owner configured it.
> Now they are ready to go live, so I want to move it down to the 'active'
> range where I keep all the production hosts. I'm in general settings and
> I switch the IP, as I have done numerous times before, even picking the
> IP from the autopopulate list in my browser. The IP has other domains
> hosted on it, so it is a valid IP on the box... but the GUI reports back
> The IP address 123.123.123.123 is not allowed. Please choose another IP
> address.
>
> Any thoughts as to why I can't change the IP?

If that Vsite is *not* owned by "admin", then please check "IP Address
Allocation" and make sure the Vsite owner has access to both the old and
new IP address range.

If the problem happens while the site is owned by "admin", then turn off
"IP address allocation" and try again.

If the problem still persists, run "tail -f /var/log/messages" and try
again. Then post the relevant CCE messages from the logfile here.