[BlueOnyx:14999] Re: ERROR createTar: Input/output error

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Mar 24 16:04:50 -05 2014

Hi Dudi,

> If the errors indeed comes while reading the source -
> the tarball could be fine, but I would not trust the content.

Yeah, but if /home is about to go bad and there are no good prior
backups, then it's perhaps the best shot available.

One of the next steps would be unmounting /home for an fsck to see if
this is fixable. But that's already a bit risky, as the nature of the
problem makes it uncertain if it'll ever mount /home again.