[BlueOnyx:15023] Re: 5106R Tarball has problem

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Mar 27 09:01:41 -05 2014

Hi Eiji,

> Customer needs is redundant servers. (just switch)
> It's not possible to use Linux 6.

Maybe we have a different understanding of clustering. But I've been
clustering BlueOnyx 5107R/5108R since their release.

It works the same on RHEL6, CentOS6 or SL6 nodes as before: DRBD and
Heartbeat. DRBD for distributing the filesystem to multiple nodes and
Heartbeat for monitoring the nodes and for mounting and starting
services as needed.

There are other technical approaches possible as well. So RHEL6 and its
clones can do clustering as good as any previous versions. If not even
better.

Aventurin{e} 6106R has the option to cluster any BlueOnyx VPS regardless
of the version.