[BlueOnyx:15030] Re: SSL change after updates?

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Thu Mar 27 19:36:22 -05 2014

Hi Roy,

On 3/27/2014 7:14 PM, Roy Urick wrote:
> Maybe I misunderstood the question regarding unauthorized links...
>
> Im not expert, but wouldnt the "hacker" need to somehow get your private
> key first?

There are 2 different things being discussed.  If you go back through
the thread you'll see that there was an issue about adding wildcards.
If wildcards are allowed to go through a field in the SSL config, it
would technically be allowed when setting up a hostname.

The potential problems with the wildcard hostname isn't a deal-breaker
for the wildcard certs, but something that needs to be ironed out inside
BlueOnyx.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services