[BlueOnyx:15418] Re: Clam AV Status WARNING in 5108R

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue May 20 10:35:38 -05 2014

Hi Gerald,

> Starting Clam AV daemon: ERROR: This tool requires libclamav with
> functionality level 77 or higher (current f-level: 76) [FAILED]

Please check that all installed Clam AV RPMs have the same version
number and that there are no duplicates listed with different version
number. Example output from a 5107R:

[root at sol ~]# rpm -qa|grep clam|sort
solarspeed-clamav-0.98.3-1.i386
solarspeed-clamav-db-0.98.3-1.i386
solarspeed-clamav-devel-0.98.3-1.i386
solarspeed-clamav-milter-0.98.3-1.i386
solarspeed-clamav-sauce-0.98.3-1.i386
solarspeed-clamav-server-0.98.3-1.i386

> Starting Clam AV daemon: LibClamAV Warning: Detected duplicate databases
> /var/clamav/main.cvd and /var/clamav/main.cld. The /var/clamav/main.cvd
> database is older and will not be loaded, you should manually remove it
> from the database directory.

Yeah, this has to do with the build process of the RPMs. For
compatability I have to include a /var/clamav/main.cvd during the build,
but you can safely remove it. Clam AV will only use the newer
/var/clamav/main.cld, which is frequently updated via freshclam.