[BlueOnyx:15436] Re: raid errors?

wcstaff at webcoast.com wcstaff at webcoast.com
Wed May 21 16:12:19 -05 2014

> Yikes.  That's a problem.  Both RAID devices are running as degraded,
> which typically points to a failure (or impending failure) on one of the
> disks.
>
> However, in your case, md0 shows to be running on sdb and md1 on sda.
> It's far more common to see either sda or sdb as being removed from both
> RAID devices.
>
> Check your smartctl reports for both physical disks.
> First thing to do is rule-out a drive/controller failure.

Rebooting did not work.
I checked the drives and they are fine. I think I did it myself. Last night
I installed a 3rd 500gb drive, because I want to upgrade the drives.
I read that it would automatically raid. Well it didn't, so I added it and
it
worked. However, when I pulled the other 2 drives, and then just one
out of the system, it would not boot. So I put the 160 drives back in and
Booted. All was fine except the RAID. I then tried the 500gb drive in a
New system and it would not boot. So obviously I do not know what I
am doing.

> Alternatively, you can try re-adding the disks to their respective RAID
> volumes, but in cases where the user is not expert in such matters a
> quick reboot tends to be the quicker solution.

This is what I do not understand and am reading.

> I'm not sure where you're searching, but typically a good ol google
> search with the phrase "blueonyx" and whatever issue you're having is
> pretty useful.
I've been using Google and blueonyx. .

>   If this relates back to the gmane.org site, then of
> course that's a different animal altogether.
The GMAME site is experiencing some issues. No searches are allowed.
And the last post is old.

Thanks for the input
Tom