[BlueOnyx:15467] Re: Clamav

Gerald Waugh gwaugh at frontstreetnetworks.com
Sun May 25 15:29:25 -05 2014

On 05/24/2014 06:11 PM, Gerald Waugh wrote:
> On 05/24/2014 10:02 AM, Michael Stauber wrote:
>> Hi RC and Gerald,
>>
>>> Also see this:
>>>
>>> --------------------- Clamav-milter Begin ------------------------
>>>  **Unmatched Entries**
>>>  Failed to create temporary file
>>>  Failed to initiate streaming/fdpassing
>>>  Failed to create temporary file
>>>  Failed to initiate streaming/fdpassing
>>>  ---------------------- Clamav-milter End -------------------------
>> In my experience that happens if the Clamd config file and the ClamAV
>> Milter config file don't agree on where the clamd.sock is located.
>>
>> Please check the two config files:
>>
>> /etc/clamd.conf should have:
>> LocalSocket /var/run/clamav/clamd.sock
>>
>> /etc/clamav-milter.conf should have:
>> ClamdSocket unix:/var/run/clamav/clamd.sock
>>
>> Make sure they point to the same socket, fix as needed and restart the
>> relevant services ("/sbin/service clamd restart" & "/sbin/service
>> clamav-milter restart")
> I'll check that out, when the servers in Dallas are again reachable
> client has a connectivity problem.
> \
[root at mail ~]# cat /etc/clamd.conf | grep LocalS
LocalSocket /var/run/clamav/clamd.sock

[root at mail ~]# /etc/clamav-milter.conf | grep ClamdSocket
-bash: /etc/clamav-milter.conf: Permission denied

[root at mail ~]# ls -l /etc/clamav-milter.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 6285 Oct 16  2011 /etc/clamav-milter.conf

Looked at file with vi
ClamdSocket unix:/var/run/clamav/clamd.sock

OK, looks like they point to the samesocket, but why did I get that
'permission denied' with the cat command.
Maybe that is why we get the

--
Gerald