[BlueOnyx:16412] Re: Blueonyx Digest, Vol 71, Issue 7

Darren Shea dshea at ecpi.com
Wed Nov 5 15:09:45 -05 2014

Maurice,
   Thank you for pointing me to the appropriate files -  I ended up turning
off the Ban Engine completely, as the Configuration.html documentation
didn't seem to allow me to make a precise hole for just the IPs of the
monitoring system.  My Nagios was originally trying to log on once every 4
minutes, and even pushing it out to once every 12 didn't seem to help, so I
know it wasn't the DDoS rules that were causing the issue, and none of the
various "Max..." settings clearly lined up with the specific error or
symptom I was seeing. Still, I didn't have the Ban Engine before, so I don't
think I will miss it now.

Thank you,
    Darren