[BlueOnyx:16418] Re: 5208R - Adding mysql Database to a site

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Nov 5 18:54:02 -05 2014

Hi Dirk,

> I click the button mysql. I use the default (random) information which is generated by the GUI.
> I klick Safe.
> -> Database is created
> -> MySQL User is created
> BUT
> -> MySQL User have no access rights to the new database.
> I have to go to phpmyadmin and give priviledges for the new database to the new user.
> Did I miss something or might this be a bug?

Hmm. I just tried that and I cannot replicate the problem.

When you let the GUI create a MySQL Database and MySQL user for a Vsite,
it will grant the user the permissions that you specified under "Network
Services" / "MySQL Settings".

I just tested that again on a server of mine and it works as intended.

Please check the settings under "Network Services" / "MySQL Settings".

Also, you might want to edit this file:

/usr/sausalito/handlers/base/mysql/create_mysql_data.pl

At the top of it is this debugging switch:

# Debugging switch:
$DEBUG = "0";

Set it to "1", save the changes and try creating a MySQL database and
user again for another Vsite. Check /var/log/messages for the
transaction related to the MySQL database and user creation. With the
debugging turned on you can actually see what privileges the handler
sets while its doing its job.