[BlueOnyx:16464] Re: Kernal Panic Not Syncing

Tom wcstaff at webcoast.com
Sun Nov 16 12:54:34 -05 2014

Tom <wcstaff at ...> writes:

> System rebooted this morning and I received this error:
> Kernel Panic: Not Syncing: VFS: Unable to Mount Root is on unknown Block
0,0
> Had 2 drives raid, one failed, but it appears raid failed, as the working
> drive will not boot, with this error message.
> Does this require a new install?

I Managed to boot the second BlueOnyx choice from the boot menu and system
is up. It appears the master drive of 2 drives in the Raid failed. I
changed the slave to master and removed the offending drive. But it would
not boot. This happened twice before when I lost a drive. For some reason
it's still looking for 0,0. Is there a work around for this? Also I would
like to increase the size of the hard drives. Do I have to do a fresh
install and restore?