[BlueOnyx:16473] Re: RAID1 with 2 SATA drives

tom wcstaff at webcoast.com
Mon Nov 17 13:35:00 -05 2014

tom <wcstaff at ...> writes:

> Tom <wcstaff <at> ...> writes:
>
> > > That sounds flaky.  What version did you download, and are you
burning
> > > to ISO?   Are you 100% confident in the hardware?
> > >

> > I re-downloaded the software and did a fresh install and yum update,
this
> > time picking the no raid option and now I have Raid1 mirroring setup,
> > through BOnyX, on the server.
> > However, the GUI is still coming up all erratic with missing icons,
pages
> > won't complete, real lag and slow. Then, I'll get errors like An Error
> Was
> > Encountered The URI you submitted has disallowed characters. This
happens
> > by just clicking on a link from within the GUI. The version I
downloaded
> is
> > the latest available and I'm burning to DVD from ISO. I downloaded it
> > twice. Weird thing is it loaded perfect and completed a YUM Update just
> > fine.
> > Thanks for the input
> > Tom
> >

> I wanted to add I see a lot of this error as well:
>
> A PHP Error was encountered
>
> Severity: Notice
>
> Message: Undefined index: HTTP_HOST
>
> Filename: controllers/login.php
>
> Line Number: 83
>
> A PHP Error was encountered
>
> Severity: Notice
>
> Message: Undefined offset: 0
>
> Filename: controllers/login.php
>
> Line Number: 84

I thought I would do a follow-up on this issue, in hopes that one would not
have to go through the same thing. Believe it or not it turned out to be
the NVidia GEForce Video card in the Server. For some reason it must have
been causing interference or lag. I didn't think about it because it was
working perfectly as a Windows 8 box. As soon as I swapped it to something
less powerful (standard VGA, everything worked. Of course it took several
hours of frustration and time, not to mention, 2 re-installs, to figure it
out.
Thanks for the input.