[BlueOnyx:16506] Re: Link to 5108R to 5208R upgrade instructions

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Nov 20 11:29:46 -05 2014

Hi Lew,

> Any path at all (short of CMU) for 5106?

No, sorry. Unfortunately 5106R is out of luck there. The PHP on it is
simply too old to support the new GUI.

But it doesn't just stop there and there are other obstacles as well. It
just adds up to a point where it's no longer feasible.

Additionally the ancient daemons and the old OpenSSL start to hamper
5106R in a way where life preserving measures would just send the wrong
signals.

I also do have a few 5106R left in production where a CMU migration is a
bother, so I feel your pain. The rest of my 5106R were already migrated
at the earliest opportunity. But eventually it'll be time to put those
old workhorses to rest and to migrate them to 5208R.

Another option is to wait for 5209R (on EL7 clones) and then take the
big leap straight from 5106R to 5209R via CMU.