[BlueOnyx:16523] Re: more clues - INODE USAGE

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Nov 21 22:44:45 -05 2014

Hi Chucks,

> But WOW!  To use up the inodes available on the typical BlueOnyx /var partition
> - that's either 262,144 or 1,048,576.  Either way - that's a LOT of small files,
> if it didn't fill the partition but used up all the inodes.

Fair number of Vsites with many aliases. SendmailAnalyzer creates
hourly/daily/weekly/monthly statistics files for all of them.

It's configurable how much of a backlog it keeps and it's clear that
there are scenarios where the "stock" configuration might not be good
enough. I'll keep an eye on that and will see how we can avoid this.