[BlueOnyx:16538] Re: favicon.ico for admserv

Michael Aronoff maronoff at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 16:32:22 -05 2014

Michael Wrote:
> I tried it and put the favicon from www.blueonyx.it into
/usr/sausalito/ui/web/favicon.ico and my Firefox on
> Ubunto 14.04 LTS wouldn't use it. It only started using it when I added

Yes, you are correct about the W3C spec but some browsers do request it and
if it is there it will eliminate the errors in the logs. If some browsers do
not use it that is fine.

Remember the "problem" is the errors in the logs. I don't care if all
browsers use it but by having there the errors are eliminated for browsers
that break the W3C spec.

Also keep in mind that there is no downside to having the file there. It
will not break anything else.

M Aronoff Out