[BlueOnyx:16564] .ftpaccess file being placed in new user directories

Ken Hohhof khohhof at kwom.com
Tue Nov 25 23:06:51 -05 2014

I have a new 5208R installation, we migrated sites from a BQ server using
CMU.  Migrated users are OK, but if we add new regular users, there is a
.ftpaccess file being placed in their directory that denies FTP access by
everyone.  (Took awhile to find the cause since it is a dot file.)

This happens even though we have the "Allow User(s) access to FTP" box
checked.

Is this a bug, or are we doing something wrong?

I think I found the PERL script that places the .ftpaccess file in the
user's home directory, but I'm not sure why it is being triggered.  My guess
is the checkbox is not working.