[BlueOnyx:16096] Re: Webmail alternative?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Oct 3 12:21:47 -05 2014

Hi Rod,

> I opened the support ticket fully expecting to pay for support since I'd
> purchased the software a long time ago.

My question was rather aimed at the fact that I got bum rushed with the
same question posted to three support channels within minutes: Email,
ticket system and mailing list. Why should that be necessary? Simply
put: It isn't.

As for OpenWebmail: I just updated the product description with this:

---------------------------------------
PLEASE NOTE: OpenWebmail is an old product. The development of
OpenWebmail has stopped many years ago and it no longer works that well
on modern OS's. Due to public demand we still provide the package, but
we will NOT provide any support for it beyond the basic installation of
it. Use it at your own risk. It works for us, but may not work for you.

Anyone interested in a webmail client should instead use RoundCube,
which provides the same functionality in a relieable fashion.
Additionally RoundCube is still in active development and will be
supported by us, too.