[BlueOnyx:16117] Re: Redundancy and using two network cards

Richard Morgan :: Morgan Web richard at morgan-web.co.uk
Wed Oct 8 15:48:31 -05 2014

Hi Guys, many thanks for your answers...

Tobias, yes, this sounds like what I was looking for and I will definitely
have a go and getting this working.  However as the server is a four hour
drive away I don't think I'll be messing with the network config remotely.
I was, somewhat naively, hoping it was as simple as setting the same IP for
the second NIC.

Chris, appreciated the detailed answer too.  Great common sense approach to
not get wrapped up in the issue.  I chatted with one of the techy guys in
the data centre and with all the hot-swap/failover stuff they have the
chances of a prolonged outage are rare - their business relies on keeping
thing working.

Always appreciated.

Cheers, Richard