[BlueOnyx:16139] Existing database overwritten by GUI

Maurice de Laat mdlaat at muisnetwerken.nl
Fri Oct 10 08:38:43 -05 2014

Hi,

On 5108R, I noticed the following:

If in virtual site management/services/web, one enables the mysql user
and database, and fills in an existing mysql database, the existing
database will be erased!

In the past, my resellers have created mysql databases and mysql users
apart from the GUI. This way it is unclear which database/user is being
used for what, and if it is still being used. Therefor, I want to
encourage them to update the information in the GUI. But this seems like
a bad idea when the database gets erased.

Would it be possible not to alter the mysql database/user, if it already
exists?

Thank you
--
Maurice