[BlueOnyx:16154] Re: Existing database overwritten by GUI

Maurice de Laat mdlaat at muisnetwerken.nl
Sun Oct 12 15:31:29 -05 2014

Hi Michael,

On 12-10-14 03:09, Michael Stauber wrote:
> So I offloaded that to Perl Handlers that are triggered on the
> respective CODB transactions. There is also a Handler that checks if a
> database and/or user with that given name is already present. If so, the
> GUI is prevented from running the database & user create transaction and
> matching error messages are shown in the GUI. Messages like "There is
> already a database with that name." or "There is already a database user
> with that name."

I just tested this and indeed I get an error message. It is however a
bit different; it is: "Sorry, the data entered in the field
[username|DB] is invalid. Please check your input and try again."

Still, this prevents that an existing db gets erased, which is good.

However, I am still left with my original problem:
In the past, my resellers have created mysql databases and mysql
users  apart from the GUI. This way it is unclear which database/
user is being used for what, and if it is still being used.
Therefor, I want to encourage them to update the information
in the GUI.

It seems that it is now impossible to update the information in the GUI
with current databases and mysqlusers that are in use. How can I do
that? Do I need to enter that info manually with cceclient, or is there
an easier way?

Thanks
--
Maurice