[BlueOnyx:16170] Possible SSL v3 vulnerability incoming

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Oct 14 11:43:37 -05 2014

Hi all,

There is some rumor in the grapevines that there is another SSLv3
vulnerability around. Thanks to the trainwreck OpenSSL. :p

Here is what the boffins at theregister.co.uk write:

Gird your loins, sysadmins: The Register has learned that news of yet
another security vulnerability - this time in SSL 3.0 - is probably
imminent.

Maintainers have kept quiet about the vulnerability in the lead-up to a
patch release, which is expected in in the late European evening, or not
far from high noon Pacific Time.

Details of the problem are under wraps, purportedly due to the severity
of the vulnerability. El Reg cannot confirm whether or not it is indeed
a serious bug as we have not received details of the vuln.

Complete article:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/10/14/nasty_ssl_30_vulnerability_to_drop_tomorrow/

Once more info is available I'll post an update.