[BlueOnyx:16175] Re: Existing database overwritten by GUI

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Oct 14 19:18:24 -05 2014

Hi Chris,

> I seem to be having a bit of trouble with MySQL and site creation using
> the API.
>
> New 5208R system has current yum (just did yum clean all / yum -y
> update).   Creating a site with MySQL enabled in the 5200 module fails
> (with blank white screen in WHMCS) and the target servert created properly.
>
> If I turn off MySQL creation in the WHMCS 5200R module, the site creates
> just fine.

Yeah, there have been four released of the base-mysql-* RPMs for all
BlueOnyx versions in the last 2-3 days. One API related base-alpine-*
for 520XR and two related base-api-* updates for all 510XR in the last
2-3 days.

I'm just doing another base-api-* release for 510XR, as it had one
instance where MySQL databases were created with the old naming scheme
instead of the new one.

However: All versions of BlueOnyx should (by now) allow creation of
Vsites via the API *with* MySQL databases. As well as adding/removing
MySQL databases during "package" changes via the API.

I just tested it again via WHMCS against a 5108R and a 5207R. Create
with database. Then downgrade to w/o MySQL. Then upgrade to w/ MySQL.
Then delete and re-create w/o MySQL and then an upgrade to a package w/
MySQL and lastly a delete again. That all worked out fine without any
errors.

I suspect you may or may not yet have the latest set up updates
installed. Please do a "yum clean all" and "yum update" again on the
target BlueOnyx.

For troubleshooting the API the complete output of these three logfiles
is very helpful. You can actually view them all in one go with this command:

tail -f /var/log/messages /var/log/admserv/adm_error
/var/log/admserv/adm_access

It provides the best overview about what's happening when the API does
its thing. The GUI itself logs to /var/log/admserv/adm_error and
simultaneously you can see what the handlers are doing in
/var/log/messages. Running all three logs in one single tail then
provides the exact timeline of what happened when and where the errors
(if any) occurred.