[BlueOnyx:16204] Re: BlueOnyx-5208R-SL-6.5-20140824.iso size issue

David Thacker David at ThackerNet.com
Thu Oct 16 07:31:11 -05 2014

> > So after messing around for an hour or so on my Linux PC and getting
> > nowhere went to my wife's windoze machine downloaded Rufus, created
> > the bootable USB with the iso image in a few minutes.
> >
> > Started the install and ended up with a little different error
> > message;  "Unable to download the kickstart file Please modify the
> > kickstart parameter below or press Cancel to proceed with an interactive
> installation.
> >
> >   cdrom:/ks/kickstart.cfg
> Looks like it should be sda1 as the usb drive becomes sda1 the sata drives
> become sdb and sdc I tried using sda1:/ks/kickstart.cfg,
> hd:/ks/kickstart.cfg and other guesses. No Joy
> --
> Gerald

I went through the same steps about 2 years ago Gerald, thinking that a
bootable USB install of BlueOnyx would be nice. Roadblocked at the same
kickstart.cfg point. Finally gave up and went to my local electronics store
and bought a USB DVD writer for under $40. Worked like a charm for the BX
install, and it turns out I have had many other uses for it since as well.

Regards,

David Thacker