[BlueOnyx:16233] Re: FileZilla unable to connect using implicit TLS

Jim Scott jscott at infoconex.com
Tue Oct 21 00:20:03 -05 2014

Thanks Michael,

What threw me off is the help text when you hover over FTPS describes port
990 which I believe is typically associated with implicit TLS? After reading
the help text furhter I see it suggests using explicit, but I believe the
port 990 should be removed as I believe with explicit it communicates still
over port 21 ?

Also if I am correct in my understanding then these options should be
commented out in /etc/proftpd.conf ?

TLSOptions UseImplicitSSL
Port 990

Also I wonder if SSLv3 should be removed by default since it has been
identified that it contains a vulnerability (poodle attack) ?