[BlueOnyx:16255] New GUI security Section

Gregg K greggk1 at cox.net
Fri Oct 24 10:14:12 -05 2014

Hello,

I noticed over the past few days that a particular server was being targeted
for an attack.  The server is successfully blocking the password attempts,
but from time to time the admin user gets blocked for a while because of all
the unsuccessful tries.  I have gone in to the Security Section of the GUI,
and from there I can "purge events" which works, the user is unblocked.  My
question however is, under the blocked hosts, I only see 4 entries, and they
are the same 4 entries day after day, even after I purge the events, and try
to clear them.  They don't appear to be new entries, they appear to be very
old entries that are not being cleared.  Obviously it is blocking new
entries, but it's not showing them on the page, and I'm not able to remove
those entries either.

Any suggestions on how to remove/clear all the entries so that I can see the
new entries when they appear?

Thanks,

Gregg