[BlueOnyx:16329] Re: Pootle-Patchday Issues II : ProFTPd fixed (sort of)

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Oct 30 15:27:46 -05 2014

Hi Chris,

> Make that last line:
> /usr/sbin/swatch

Right.

> Is there another step required to get FTP responding?
> With the above,
> I get this result on 4 production boxes (so far):
>
> Connected to web41 (208.77.x.y).
> 421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection

No, actually the install of the proftpd RPM itself should get the
service back up. The swatch run is just to turn active monitor green
right away and not up to 15 minutes later.

Please check /etc/xinetd.d/proftpd and /etc/xinetd.d/proftpds to see if
"disable = no" is set, which turns FTP on in Xinetd. Or toggle it off/on
in the GUI.

Other things to check:

/etc/proftpd.conf should have not a single TLS config line.
/etc/proftpds.conf should have all the usual TLS config lines.