[BlueOnyx:16337] Re: Pootle-Patchday Issues II : ProFTPd fixed (sort of)

Maurice de Laat mdlaat at muisnetwerken.nl
Thu Oct 30 17:07:18 -05 2014

Hi Chris,

On 30-10-14 22:20, Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet wrote:

> 1. In BlueOnyx GUI, go to Server Management > Network Services > FTP and
> UN-tick the checkboxes for FTP / SFTP.   Click Save.
>
> 2. Now re-tick the checkboxes for FTP / SFTP and click Save again.
>
> 3. At CLI, do /usr/sbin/swatch
>
> Now FTP will work again for you.   At least, this has worked for me on 4
> systems so far.

Unfortunately not on my systems.

I notice something strange: ftp to localhost does work for a while after
running /usr/sbin/swatch, while ftp from the bad world does not:

[root at arie ~]# ftp localhost
Connected to localhost (127.0.0.1).
220 FTP Server ready.

maurice at maurice-Inspiron-3542:~$ ftp arie.muisnetwerken.nl
Connected to arie.muisnetwerken.nl.
421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection

Then, after a few minutes, ftp localhost gives the same error.
--
Maurice