[BlueOnyx:16341] Re: Pootle-Patchday Issues II : ProFTPd fixed (sort of)

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Thu Oct 30 21:01:32 -05 2014

I may have found something.   While watching /var/log/messages and
trying some different parameters on proftpd, I found this line popping up:
Oct 30 20:52:56 web40 xinetd[3286]: Service ftp: attribute already set:
server_args [file=/etc/xinetd.d/proftpd] [line=13]

So I had a look at /etc/xinetd.d/proftpd and here is line 12:
         server_args             = -c /etc/proftpd.conf

And here is line 13:
         server_args             = -4 -c /etc/proftpd.conf

Sure enough, sever_args are getting passed twice.   Therefore, I
commented line 13, restarted xinetd, re-ran swatch, and now I have
working FTP again.

Thoughts?

--
Chris Gebhardt