[BlueOnyx:16360] Re: Can't create site or edit site template. 5106

George F. Nemeyer tigerwolf at tigerden.com
Fri Oct 31 19:32:25 -05 2014

On Fri, 31 Oct 2014, Ken Marcus wrote:

> I've seen that error for a while:  the template save error "Sorry, the
> data entered in the field suPHP_enabled is invalid. Please check your
> input and try again."
> Just enable suphp and save, then go back disable suphp and save.

YES!  That did indeed work around the issue!  I left most things at
defaults, and only wanted to enable a shell.  I didn't change anything
else.  I didn't realize that the error was referring to something on the
page needing to be checked then unchecked.

It sounds like the default setting needs to be initialized as 'unchecked'
that in the underlying code.

> I don't know if that will fix your other problem.

Not directly, but your clue above helped me find the cure for site
creation as well!

Again, in attempting to create a site, I left everything beyond IP and
domain name as default values.

I noticed that putting "somedomain.com" forced the web alias box to
contain just "com" and the "Web Alias Redirects" box to become checked (it
was blank before entering the domain name).

Also, it populated the Email Server Alias box with "com" as well.

This caused the error messages:
	Web server alias [[VAR.invalidValue]] is invalid.    and
	Email server alias [[VAR.invalidValue]] is invalid.

Again, I didn't clue in on the errors meaning something I had (not)
entered was the problem, since the [[VAR.invalidValue]] sounded more like
some script error rather than an error in the data field itself.  After
all, the *system* made those entries, not me.  And the system *IS* smarter
than me, after all, no?

Thanks to your clue, I went back and manually blanked out the boxes with
'com' in them, and unchecked the box the system had checked.

Voila!  Got a site created!

This also seems to be a case of the underlying code wrongly putting in bad
default information, then griping of invalid entries.  That and the
resulting error messages being a bit cryptic.

I was really thinking something in the upgrade had messed up the box!
But you made my day here!

Hopefully, Micheal can fix these bugs once the more immediate bugs are
squashed.

THANKYOU!  THANKYOU!