[BlueOnyx:17461] Re: relaying denied

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Apr 27 06:55:14 -05 2015

Hi Brian,

> EASY SOLUTION without the use of CNAMES (which are evil) >:)
> Go to site managementSelect your domainselect Serviceselect Email
> Add the FQDN in the EMAIL SERVER ALIAS field, which is marked as optional....
> This corrected the problem for me, AFTER I had followed the instructions in the dns for email link.
> Possibly something that could be added to the document?

I will NEVER recommend any CNAMEs based DNS. That's just asking for
trouble. And adding the FQDN to the email server alias field is
redundant and it will cause problems, too.

So you're causing two problems that somehow (under certain
circumstances) happen to cancel themselves out.

Additionally it'll break as soon as you add a subdomain and want email
for that as well.

Hence: Do it by the book and you'll have no issues. And forget that
CNAMEs even exist.