[BlueOnyx:18140] Re: error docs on subdomains

David Thacker David at ThackerNet.com
Wed Aug 5 08:21:22 -05 2015

OK, I found out how to fix it, so here are the details for the archives.

It turns out that subdomains have a separate site httpd conf file located in
this folder:
/etc/httpd/conf.d/subdomains/siteXXX.YYY.conf

I located and manually updated that subdomain site conf file to include the
error doc definitions like this, right after the DocumentRoot definition:
ErrorDocument 401 /error/401-authorization.html
ErrorDocument 403 /error/403-forbidden.html
ErrorDocument 404 /error/404-file-not-found.html
ErrorDocument 500 /error/500-internal-server-error.html

I then did an /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd restart to load the updated config, and
my subdomain error docs started working as intended.

Now I can modify the error doc html files in
/home/sites/www.sitename.tld/vhosts/subdomain/error and they are properly
displayed.

dAvid tHacker