[BlueOnyx:18148] Re: VPS sending email out as localhost.localdomain

Richard Sidlin richard at sidlin.co.uk
Mon Aug 10 05:40:32 -05 2015

> Richard,
>
>   Glad you got it working.  That entry (minus the leading dnl) will work
or the
> other (which is I designed to use the name associated with the IP address
of
> the interface in question).  Important part is that it works for you...
>
> --
> Larry Smith
> lesmith at ecsis.net
>
> On Fri August 7 2015 14:16, Richard Barker wrote:
> > Hey Larry, In between removing the flood water from the house I did
> > this and it  worked
> >
> > I added this
> > define(`confDOMAIN_NAME', `mail.mydomain.com')dnl
> >
> > To this
> > /etc/mail/sendmail.mc
> >
> > And then ran this
> > make -C /etc/mail/
> >
> > Thanks you
> > RC

I was also having this problem so I added the line etc. Problem I have now
is that one of the sites that uses PHPMailer is now sending as Root User -
root at servername.com. I have removed the line in sendmail.rc and ran the make
command again but it hasn't reverted back to what it was.

Short of restoring the backup, can this be reversed somehow?

Thanks

Richard