[BlueOnyx:18180] Re: Amanda backup on blueonyx

Jeff Folk jfolk at qzoneinc.com
Wed Aug 19 09:28:29 -05 2015

On Aug 19, 2015, at 8:54 AM, Larry Smith wrote:

> We are currently using Amanda in our NOC for local server
> backups and one of the techs asked me why we could not use
> it for the hosting servers also (BlueOnyx).
>
> Has anyone tried/used this?  What does it break?
>
> Thinking of using a cron job to cmuExport everything, then using
> Amanda to backup /home/cmu.

Hi Larry,

I don't, sorry. I've found the Neuhaus RaqBackup script to be everything I've needed. Granted I have another server as the target of the ftp sending of those backups, but I'm sure the script could be modified to instead copy those CMU export backups to an attached disk or network target. I've modified my script to keep a daily cycle of 5 days of backups for my BlueOnyx server.

Completes in 15 minutes daily, but I'm only backing up around 7 GB at the moment.

Regards,
Jeff