[BlueOnyx:18265] Re: NewLinQ and Shop outage

Michael Aronoff maronoff at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 09:49:26 -05 2015

Michael Wrote:
> We're currently having a bit of an issue (insert British understatement)
with NewLinQ and the shop pages.

I understand these things happen. However I would like to suggest a change
to the way that your software works.

I recently signed up for the leased BlueOnyx Professional Edition on 8
servers. I have been very happy with one small exception.

A few times I have gotten "license verification error" and been unable to
perform important tasks as a result.

This morning I woke up and the backup on one server had an error because of
a problem backing up the AV-SPAM database. Normally this would not be an
issue. I would simply login and push the "Flush MySQL" button in AV-SPAM and
the database would be reset. But now I that button is unavailable because
NewLinQ is down.

It seems to me that instead of assuming an always available connection you
could have the system try and connect as it does now but allow the software
to continue to operate as long as a check succeeded in the last 3 days or
even a week.

I would also imagine that if done properly this would also lessen the load
on the NewLinQ systems from verification checks.

Thanks,