[BlueOnyx:16968] Re: BlueOnyx 5209R BETA released

Ernie ernie at info.eis.net.au
Thu Feb 5 18:45:28 -05 2015

I noticed that the password strength test is a lot harder in 5209R compared
to 5207R which I have been running. It takes a long time to come up with a
password which it accepts, and none of my 5207R passwords are accepted.

That's a problem for a couple of reasons, the passwords are now extremely
hard to remember which means users wont, instead they will save them in
their mail program and the browser which is a security hole if their laptop, phone is
lost or stolen. I like people to enter passwords, not just save them. I see no sense
in making them extremely hard, because the failed login lockout system is
there already to prevent dictionary and brute force attacks.

Is there some way of rolling back the password strength test to how it use
to be in 5207R?

Also I noticed that when editing the vsite template settings page using Firefox and
clicking save, the screen gets a grey mask with a blue progress bar that
just sits there, no way out except to refresh the page. The settings are
being saved ok it's just a graphical glitch of some sort.

- Ernie.