[BlueOnyx:17057] Re: Active Monitor and Cron

George F. Nemeyer tigerwolf at tigerden.com
Sat Feb 14 13:12:35 -05 2015

On Wed, 11 Feb 2015, Richard Barker wrote:

> The ping answers just fine I have disable the network monitoring in the
> Active Monitor settings to stop the error
> and this only is happening on VPS106

I've seen this error occasionally when the network, particularly the
outbound gateway is heavily loaded by other traffic, or if the route
beyond the gateway router goes down or gets intermittant (I hate Time
Warner).

When it happens here, usually several machines randomly complain, but some
others don't.  When more than one does, it's usually a good indication of
upstream routing/connectivity issues.

So the warnings are sort of a canary in the coal mine.  Maybe something's
bad wrong, or maybe it's just a momentary glitch.