[BlueOnyx:17079] Re: Upgrades and package questions

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Fri Feb 20 07:28:05 -05 2015

Hi Michael,

On 2/19/2015 11:41 PM, Michael Aronoff wrote:
>   2. PHP. I have updated PHP on all the servers too. What PHP comes with
>   5208R? If I buy packages for PHP do I do that before or after? Is
>   there anything I need to watch out for? I want to make sure I am
>   running at least PHP 5.4 for all sites.

PHP is GUI-agnostic.  Since the PHP upgrade packages do not have
GUI-specific features, there is no need for a different version when you
go to 5208R from 5108R.

Keep in mind that the base PHP will remain the same, since we're still
on the same underlying CentOS/Scientific release.

I hope that helps,
--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services