[BlueOnyx:17082] Re: new install of bleu onyx 5208R

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Fri Feb 20 16:53:07 -05 2015

On 2/20/2015 2:38 PM, johan pieterse wrote:
> No luck  with getting this done
>
> Restarted the  cced  and admserv which did not solved it
>

> It is on amazon EBS backed    ( all my other servers have been good
> there for the past 5 years)

Oh.... that's something different, then.  Although we're experimenting
with BlueOnyx environments using block storage in our own cloud
(unsuccessfully so far) there's no implicit support for it.

The interesting thing is we're questioning the business case for such an
installation.  There are good cases to be made for elastic "cloud"
services, but a virtual hosting environment doesn't seem to be one of
them.   Given that we're offering sub-$50 per month multi-core physical
servers, and much lower than that on VPS... the benefits of the cloud
model are questionable.

But that's not an answer to your question of whether or not what you're
trying to do can be made to work.  I think that given the difference in
operational nature of the platform, the answer is going to be "no", or
at least "not without significant effort".   Just my 2 cents for you.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services