[BlueOnyx:17124] Re: BlueOnyx 5209R BETA released

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Feb 24 22:22:38 -05 2015

Hi Ernie,

> In 5209R we now have several secure PHP options, which of these would you
> suggest would handle multiple webcrawlers indexing the site most efficiently?

PHP-FPM ought to be a bit easier on the resources. But with it you'll
also get processes spawned with each request. Still: It ought to perform
a bit better than suPHP under heavy load.

The "best behaving" (secure) way might be mod_ruid2, though. It's
slightly slower than PHP-FPM due to the nature of things, but it doesn't
have to spawn extra child processes to handle things.

So I'd suggest to try these two options and see which one of them is
best for you.