[BlueOnyx:17126] Re: Sorry, the email alias, admin, is already in use on this system. Please choose another.

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Feb 25 01:15:06 -05 2015

Hi Chris,

> So it worked at one point (as also evidenced by Noel's telling us he
> previously had admin@ aliases that now appear broken after migrating to
> a new server).   That seems to indicate that something has changed.

That might as well be. The code for 5207R/5208R has changed a lot from
what it was for 5107R/5108R. There is yet another great progression
between the code of 5207R/5208R and 5209R. Differences which I try to
eliminate by backporting the 5209R improvements to 5207R/5208R wherever
applicable. But that's also still pending and work in progress.

I just spent six days on another (more pressing) matter, which has
tossed all my plans and schedules into the bin. See:

http://www.blueonyx.it/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=185&cntnt01origid=52&cntnt01pagelimit=4&cntnt01returnid=54

Sure, it is a nuisance that "admin" is not a valid email alias for users
and that should (and probably will) be changed eventually to make it a
persistent feature that's available on any 520XR platform. I don't know
why it isn't right now (at least not reliably) and I'm too tired to go
hunting for it.

Really: My plate is kinda full right now. I'm updating ISO's, fixing
critical bugs that people report, am two weeks behind with my plan to
create PKGs for 5209R, still need to provide PHP-5.6 PKGs for all
BlueOnyx platforms for the first time ... things like that.

I'll try to wiggle it in, but I can make no promises as to when it will
happen.

> If there was a manual for CODB, I think we'd have a couple folks
> hacking away at it.  (Me included).

For anyone interested in this these three URLs would be a good start:

http://wiki.blueonyx.it/info/about (after "Basic Architecture")
http://devel.blueonyx.it/trac/browser/BlueOnyx/5207R/platform/alpine.mod/CHORIZO-readme.txt
http://devel.blueonyx.it/trac/browser/BlueOnyx/5207R/utils/cce/docs

The textfiles in cce/docs are ~15 years old and some of them contain
wish-lists for future enhancements or things that no longer work exactly
the way as documented. But around 90% of it is still a good read to get
a good feel for how things work in general.

One of these days I *really* need to port the good bits of those
documents over to the Wiki. That would be quite helpful.