[BlueOnyx:17152] Re: Modify apache for video

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Feb 27 12:02:37 -05 2015

Hi Roy,

> I have received a request from our web developer to tweak apache so that
> it will serve video. They are requesting the following changes to the
> apache config:
>
> AddType video/mp4 .mp4
> AddType video/webm .webm
>
> I know Apache is a bit different on a BO box. Where would I find the
> config file to add that tweak?

If it is just for one Vsite or a couple of them, then the best way is to
put it into the include file of that Vsite.

Example: /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/site1.include

The include files will never get overwritten by the GUI.

All the rest of the Apache configuration is under /etc/httpd/. If you
wanted to make these changes available for all Vsites without having to
worry about them getting overwritten, you could create a new config file
like this:

/etc/httpd/conf.d/video.conf

Just put your changes into that.

After modifying the configuration you need to restart Apache:

/sbin/service httpd restart

On 5209R that would be this command:

systemctl restart httpd.service