[BlueOnyx:16787] Re: CGI error subdirectory

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Jan 1 16:57:24 -05 2015

Hi Felix,

> I’ve uploaded the files from a content managements system (TYPO3) to
> my server, because I wanted to test if the site works on my server.
> Now when I navigate to the the test-site I get an CGI error. CGI is
> enabled in the backend of BlueOnyx.

What error do you get in /var/log/httpd/error_log? That should shed some
light on this.

Usually it would be a permission or UID/GID issue. Scripts must be
executable (chmod 755) and should be owned by one of the siteAdmins for
that Vsite.

Another (common) issue is: The script might attempt to use a Perl Module
that is not present or might try to access files or folders that are not
present.