[BlueOnyx:16805] Server memory fault

Richard Morgan :: Morgan Web richard at morgan-web.co.uk
Sun Jan 4 16:06:38 -05 2015

I suspect this is hardware, but I'm sure someone has seen this before so a
spot of guidance would be appreciated.

I'm getting the following errors reported in /var/log/messages and to the
console:

Jan  4 20:57:57 s2 kernel: EDAC MC0: UE page 0x0, offset 0x0, grain
1073741824, row 0, labels ":": i3200 UE

Jan  4 20:58:13 s2 kernel: EDAC MC0: UE page 0x0, offset 0x0, grain
1073741824, row 0, labels ":": i3200 UE

Jan  4 20:58:31 s2 kernel: EDAC MC0: UE page 0x0, offset 0x0, grain
1073741824, row 0, labels ":": i3200 UE

Jan  4 20:58:34 s2 kernel: EDAC MC0: UE page 0x0, offset 0x0, grain
1073741824, row 0, labels ":": i3200 UE

Jan  4 20:58:48 s2 kernel: EDAC MC0: UE page 0x0, offset 0x0, grain
1073741824, row 0, labels ":": i3200 UE

Jan  4 20:58:56 s2 kernel: EDAC MC0: UE page 0x0, offset 0x0, grain
1073741824, row 0, labels ":": i3200 UE

A bit of research said the EDAC is Error Detection and Correction and one
article said as it was detected it was corrected so just monitor it to see
if more faults occur.

However, I'd like an opinion on whether we should run to the data centre
(which is a few hours drive) or take a leisurely trip before the end of the
month?  It's a production server with BX5208R.

Another bit of help, is there any way to surpress the error messages this is
reporting to the console? They are making the system a bit unworkable,
albeit handy for spotting the problem in the first place.

Many thanks for the thoughts and input.

Richard