[BlueOnyx:16815] BlueOnyx network now native Gigabit

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Tue Jan 6 16:21:24 -05 2015

All,

As of this morning, the BlueOnyx network is now native Gigabit Ethernet.
  Although we did not have any performance issues or comments to speak
of, we've watched the BlueOnyx network grow to about a 60Mbps consumer
these days.  Therefore, we've gone ahead and made the upgrade.

Although the main goal is to eliminate congestion, added benefits
include much improved transfer speeds on-net for customers hosted at
VIRTBIZ.  Users hosted off-site may also notice performance enhancement,
depending upon their connectivity, of course.   That means faster ISO
downloads, quicker YUM, and potentially better transfer rates to
external mirror sites.

VIRTBIZ provides hosting for the BlueOnyx project on a
non-revenue-generating basis in order to assist in the further
development and adoption of the platform.  The BlueOnyx ecosystem
thrives when users support the companies such as us, SolarSpeed.net and
CompassNetworks.com.au.   The next time you or someone you know is in
the market for hosting, I hope you will consider VIRTBIZ.  And to extend
the functionality of your BlueOnyx server, please be sure to visit
http://shop.blueonyx.it for plug-ins and add-ons.

Thanks!

--
Chris Gebhardt