[BlueOnyx:16828] Re: Soliciting Suggestions

jeffrey Pellin - PX2 jeffrey at px2co.net
Fri Jan 9 04:02:52 -05 2015

Hi Danny,

We have been Aventurine users for some years.

Originally we had this in our own server room but eventually moved this
across to Chris at Virtbiz.

It's easy and efficient, with a tiny learning curve.

We have also used virtualisation packages such as VMware and ProxMox.
VMware on Linux I use every day, and ProxMox we trialed for a while for
development servers.

For our BO servers we would only use Aventurine (and we would only keep
them with Chris).

With Aventurine you have a collective expertise that integrates with BO
expertise seamlessly. So, for example, in the unlikely event that you
have an Aventurine problem and contact Michael about it
you know that he will understand how the issue impacts on your hosting
platform first hand.

Hope that this helps

Jeffrey

---

 JEFFREY PELLIN
 Director

 JEFFREY PELLIN CONSULTANCY LTD [4] WORK: 01692 558226
 MOBILE: 07768 451738
 EMAIL: jeffrey at pellin.co.uk

 PROFESSIONAL PROFILE [5]

 		See who we know in common [6]

On 09/01/2015 07:10, Danny O'Day wrote:

> That was one of the solutions I was considering - Is there anything I can
> look at or test drive a little bit out there with it, or do I just have to
> shoot into the dark on it.
>
> I know everything would be fine simply based on the reputation of
> Solarspeed, but still would just like to feel comfortable with the
> implementation. I'm not in any real hurry and hope to have it going by
> the summer months. Cost isn't too much of an issue at all if it will just
> work out of the box.
> On 1/8/2015 9:31 PM, Danny O'Day wrote: Greetings Group - I have ordered a new server I will be taking delivery on next week which I am hoping to use to delete a few servers out of my rack. I went with a Lenovo TS140 i7-4770 3.4GHz 32GB with 3 3TB 7200 rpm drives. Currently I have one instance of Blueonyx 5208 running on one server (Hosting about 5 sites), another server running mail services(Debian ISPconfig for mail only), and 2 additional development servers (indexing project and video services through VPN). I'm hopeful this new box will have enough horsepower to knock out 3 of these machines into one by going to a virtual server setup. I've never stepped into this realm very deeply and want to keep with linux as the OS on the server. Anybody have any suggestions on how best to proceed and advice on what problems I may hit. You want it simple? Then go here: http://www.solarspeed.net/aventurine/aventurine-iso-image.html [1] By my count, your BlueOnyx server, ISPconfig se!
 rver + 2
dev servers = 4 servers. That means you'll want the 5 VPS license. That goes for $241.47 currently. Basically, Aventurin{e} is sort of like the BlueOnyx for virtualization. In fact, you'll find that the GUI for Aventurin{e} is very (VERY) familiar. It's built on CentOS 6 and the OpenVZ virtualization platform. We run several different types of virtualization, including VMware, Aventurin{e}, HyperV and some others that have come and gone. What I have to say about Aventurin{e} is that it *just works*. It comes pre-loaded with BlueOnyx templates, and you can also load in various other OS templates (such as your Debian). Take the combination of the functionality, efficiency (low kernel overhead) and complete lack of learning curve then throw in the pittance of a price and that's the winning answer. I know some will balk at the cost, but let's face it; if you cannot afford to put $241.47 into your server (especially one you have just ordered) you are doing something horribly wron!
 g. Go for
Aventurin{e} and you'll be happy. -- Chris Gebhardt VIRTBIZ Internet Services Access, Web Hosting, Colocation, Dedicated www.virtbiz.com [2] | toll-free (866) 4 VIRTBIZ _______________________________________________ Blueonyx mailing list Blueonyx at mail.blueonyx.it http://mail.blueonyx.it/mailman/listinfo/blueonyx [3]

Links:
------
[1] http://www.solarspeed.net/aventurine/aventurine-iso-image.html
[2] http://www.virtbiz.com