[BlueOnyx:16845] Secure FTP Ports

Phil Hamer phil at hamer.cx
Sun Jan 11 14:50:25 -05 2015

Hi Everyone.

Apologies to drag up "Secure" FTP again, Ive been looking at various posts over the last few nights and I am as confused as ever.
Ive moved all the mail over to SSL connections so think the FTP should get improved a little as well.

Anyone comment on this please?

I See FTPS is available under services.
So, control port will be 990.
Explicit SSL, defaults to 21 so change to 990. Read a post to use 990 whatever.

I beleive  I need PASV mode (client) so the data channels are opened externally.
I NAT on my router so I beleive it wont recognise encoded channels from server -> router, easier to connect from WAN.

Any idea which config file specifies the data channels so I can open them?
Is this the right way or am I confused again?

Any help or advise would be great.

Phil.