[BlueOnyx:16902] Traffic

webmaster webmaster at oldcabin.net
Fri Jan 23 17:09:22 -05 2015

5108R

Yesterday one of my clients,  freshwater-fishing.org had an article
posted about them on yahoo.

https://www.yahoo.com/travel/the-most-ridiculous-landmarks-in-all-50-states-108806014832.html

Today about 11 am CST they started getting refer traffic from this article.

So much is was bringing my server to a crawl.

My access_log was zooming by using tali at a rate I have never seen before.

Same after running netstat  endless ip's.

My only solution was to check the bandwidth limits box for that site and
the rest of the sites/server started working again

I have never dealt with this before.

How to you all deal with traffic spikes like this?

Thanks

--Tim