[BlueOnyx:16923] Re: using --skip-broken

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Tue Jan 27 12:16:58 -05 2015

On 1/27/2015 10:22 AM, Michael Stauber wrote:
> Hi David,
>
>> Q: do I use use --skip-broken to work around the yum update?
>
> No, use "rpm -e postfix" to uninstall Postfix. You have Sendmail
> installed and somehow the Postfix RPM is also present, which causes this
> conflict.
>
> Removing the Postfix RPM will clear up this dependency problem.

This is interesting, because I have also seen Postfix installed on
non-modified BX systems (5108R / 5208R).   For instance:

[root at web41 ~]# rpm -qa | grep "postfix"
postfix-2.6.6-6.el6_5.x86_64

This has not caused any conflicts for us as yet, but perhaps we might
consider removing Postfix by default?

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services