[BlueOnyx:17743] Re: new server setup

Tom wcstaff at webcoast.com
Tue Jun 2 21:36:13 -05 2015

Tom <wcstaff at ...> writes:

First let me say Thank You for the help in trying to find a solution to
this error.
With that said:
After several hours of researching and trying every possible scenario to
fix my IP configuration problem, I have come to the conclusion that the
instruction located at CMU Migration FAQ located here:
http://www.blueonyx.it/index.php?page=cmu-migrationsis missing one key
step.

Once you have exported all the necessary files, from the old server to the
new server, shut down the old server. On the new server, login through the
GUI and change the IP addresses for primary and secondary interface, to
match the old server. Then continue with the import portion of CMU.

I've come to this conclusion, because I have found no way to correct the IP
address configuration, to make my primary and secondary interface IP
addresses are correct. The mistake was, I initially used a 3rd IP address
for temporary setup and access to the new server, so I could log onto both
servers at the same time. I logged into the new server using that IP
address and completed the import. When completed, all my virtual sites are
on the original IP which was the primary interface of the old server. As a
result of the migration, it created an interface alias, of the original IP
on the primary interface and will not let me change it through the GUI. If
I follow the instructions given to me and change it through shell, it
causes the primary interface to malfunction and render the server
inaccessible from another subnet.
Sorry for the long post. But I wanted to share this, in case someone else
runs into this annoying problem. I would not care, but I need the 3rd IP
for something else and don't want to purchase more IP addresses.
Thanks
Tom